Start your Day Right with These Banana Maple Pancakes
Wake up to a delicious, easy-to-make breakfast that will make you feel like you’re dining in a restaurant. And if you’re a busy mom, you’ll love this time-saving recipe.
Banana maple pancakes are a breakfast favorite that can be made in no time and with minimal ingredients. These banana maple pancakes are perfect for weekend mornings or even weekday breakfasts. Not only are they quick and easy to make, but they also taste great and are packed full of nutrition. Let’s get started!
You won’t need many ingredients to make these pancakes. All you need is:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 large ripe banana, mashed (about ½ cup)
- ¾ cup milk (or almond milk)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil (or melted butter)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (plus more for serving)
- Optional toppings: nuts, extra banana slices, chocolate chips, etc.
How to Make Banana Maple Pancakes
Once you have gathered your ingredients, making these pancakes could not be easier. Simply follow these steps:
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sugar until combined.
- In a separate bowl or measuring cup, mix together the mashed banana, milk/almond milk, oil/butter, and maple syrup until combined
- Pour the wet ingredients in step 2 into the dry ingredients in step 1 and mix until just combined; do not overmix or else your pancakes will be tough!
- Heat a nonstick pan over medium heat and lightly grease it with butter or oil spray if desired; once hot enough for a drop of water to sizzle on it immediately when added then it is ready to go!
- Ladle about ¼ cup of batter onto the pan for each pancake; cook until bubbles appear on the surface of the batter and then flip them over using a thin spatula; cook them on the other side until golden brown on both sides and cooked through in the center.
- Top with optional toppings such as sliced bananas or chopped nuts before serving with additional maple syrup if desired. Enjoy while still warm!
The Editor’s Note
Breakfast doesn’t have to take ages to prepare. Sometimes all it takes is just 15 minutes or less to whip up something delicious that everyone can enjoy! These banana maple pancakes are an excellent way to start your day off right. they’re quick and easy to make yet still taste absolutely delicious! Plus, they’re packed full of nutrition so you’ll be feeling energized throughout your morning routine.
At my home, I’ll always make sure that we’ll have these banana maple pancakes the day after I go grocery shopping. Ripe bananas will come with reduced prices, and this is a great practice to prevent food waste, yet still get the best flavors.
When making these pancakes, however, I like to add a tablespoon of melted chocolate chips or chopped nuts for an added crunch and sweetness. And I’m sure your family will love them too! So, go ahead and give this recipe a try today. You won’t regret it!