Delicious Strawberry Oat Cake and Jelly Recipe for Summer
If you’re looking for a delicious, easy-to-make summer dessert that’s sure to please everyone, look no further! This strawberry oat cake & jelly recipe is sure to be the hit of the party. It only requires simple ingredients and comes together quickly, giving you more time to spend with your family or friends. Plus, it’s gluten-free too! So whether you’re a novice baker or an experienced chef, this dessert is guaranteed to delight.
Ingredients You’ll Need
- 1 cup gluten-free flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 3 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup plant milk (almond, coconut, etc.)
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the Jelly Topping
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2/3 cup fresh strawberries
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 cup water
- Splash of lemon juice
- Pinch of sea salt
Making the Cake
- First, preheat your oven to 350ºF (175ºC).
- Then in a medium bowl combine 1/2 cup of sugar with 1/2 cup of melted butter. Add 2 eggs to the mixture and beat until light and fluffy.
- In a separate bowl mix together 1 cup of flour, 1 teaspoon of baking powder, and 1/2 cup of oats.
- Pour this dry mixture in step 3 into the wet ingredients in step 1 and stir until combined.
- Grease your 9-inch cake pan with butter or non-stick spray before pouring in your batter.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown on top. Let cool completely before adding the topping layer.
How to Make Jelly Topping
This jelly topping will take your cake to the next level. Start by blending 2/3 cup of fresh strawberries in a food processor until smooth.
In a small saucepan, mix together the blended strawberry puree with 2 tablespoons of maple syrup, 1/4 cup of water, 2 tablespoons of chia seeds, and a pinch of salt.
Bring the mixture to a low simmer, stirring occasionally. Let simmer for 5 minutes or until the chia seeds have thickened the mixture and it starts to resemble jelly-like consistency.
Remove from heat and add a splash of lemon juice before pouring over your cooled cake.
Adding Toppings & Finishing Touches
For the topping layer, spread out 2 tablespoons of jelly over your cooled cake in a thin, even layer using a spatula or spoon. Next, arrange sliced strawberries on top as desired; you can use as many or as few as you like!
Finally, sprinkle two tablespoons of sugar over all sides evenly for an extra sweet finish! Serve chilled or at room temperature, whichever way you choose, it’s sure to be delicious!
The Editor’s Note
Strawberries are always a great addition to any summertime dessert—not only do they look beautiful but they add an extra burst of flavor, too! This strawberry oat cake and jelly is sure to be a crowd-pleaser at any gathering!
Whenever I make this dessert, I like to add a few extra special touches. Sprinkle some hemp hearts on top for an extra crunchy texture and more healthy fats, or mix in some chia pudding for a creamy twist.
No matter how you choose to make it, this delicious strawberry oat cake and jelly is sure to be a hit! Enjoy!